Date: 23–27 October 2017
Place: Lyon, France
Organized by the International Atomic Energy Agency in cooperation with the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (EC/JRC) and the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).
Hosted by the Government of France through the Nuclear Generation II and III Association (NUGENIA) and Électricité de France (EDF).
Objectives of the Conference
The objectives of the fourth international conference on PLiM are to:
- Emphasize the role of PLiM programmes in assuring safety and improving reliable NPP operation;
- Identify the economic impacts of PLiM and LTO programmes, as well as methodologies for their evaluation;
- Provide key elements and good practices related to the safety aspects of ageing, ageing management and LTO;
- Provide a forum for information exchange on national and international policies, as well as on regulatory practices, and for the demonstration of strategies, including their application in ageing management and PLiM programmes for operating and new NPPs; and
- Assist Member States in further developing their PLiM programmes taking consideration of lessons learned and of impacts from the Fukushima Daiichi accident.